Want to know how to test epson print head on your own? Don’t worry! We are here to see the method using which you can test the printer print head on your own.
This article will describe a method to test print head and this is applicable for the Epson printer models like L3150, L3110, L110, L210, L300, L350, L355, L550, L555, L455, L130, L220, L310, L360, L365, & L565 etc. The part code for the Print head may be FA04010/FA04000 Print Head, ID1510-1.
So, without wasting any more time, let’s dig into the post.
Testing Method for the Epson Print Head
- First of all, set your Multi Meter to the highest resistance range available. The resistance function is usually denoted by the unit symbol for resistance “ohm“.
- Now touch the two test probes of your meter together.
- When you do, the meter should register 0 ohm of resistance.
- Now, collect the black lead to the GND terminal on the multi meter and connect the red lead to the VHV terminal.
- Check the “ohm” value between No3 pin (VHV) and No21 pin (GND). If the check result is OK, the the print head condition is good. Then no need to replace the Epson Print Head.
- If required, you can replace only the Main Board (Fuse open).
There are some words for precaution. While testing your multi meter, do not touch both probe tips to your fingers. The above scenario is only suitable for Fuse blow condition in Main Board Assy.
Additional Information about Print Head testing procedure
Below are some of the instructions for CISS Print Head visual check, FE & some Nozzle check results inspection.
- Visually check the Print Head (Physical broken / Surface Damage / Connector damage) – If you notice that the Print head is, as the heading says, physically broken, surface damaged, or connector damaged, then Replace only the Print Head.
- 43H Fatal Error (Head Temperature Error) – In this case the only solution is to Replace only the Print Head.
- And finally, if nozzles check results in Faint Print / PH Pattern short / Cross Firing, then you should replace only the Print Head. If you want to know How to nozzle check of the Print Head, then you can read the article in the link given.
If printer symptom is no power, which relates to Transistors (Q1 / Q2) issue in main board, then replace main board & print head both.