Microsoft has unveiled its new version of the OS Windows 11 that has leaked in almost its entirety. The new start menu, centered taskbar, rounded corners, cool animations, new wallpapers, almost every change is present in this leaked Windows 11 21996 build.
So if you want to download and install Windows 11 on your laptop or desktop right now, you have come to the right place. We have explained the step-by-step process to download the leaked Windows 11 ISO image and flash it without any issue. So on that note, let’s go ahead and learn how to install Windows 11 on any PC right now.
Download and Install Windows 11 Right Now (June 2021)
Here, we have put together a simple and straightforward guide on how to download and install Windows 11 on a laptop or desktop. We have also added a troubleshooting section in case you get the “The PC Can’t Run Windows 11” error. So without further ado, let’s dive in.
Download the Leaked Windows 11 ISO Build 21996
Note: Before you go ahead and install Windows 11 on your PC or laptop, we would like to make it clear that this is a leaked Windows 11 build. The Windows 11 build #21996 linked below does not officially come from Microsoft. It does not include all of the rumored new features, could be riddled with bugs, and render your computer unusable if not installed properly. So, we suggest you proceed with caution and install this leaked Windows 11 build on a secondary device if possible.
- Google Drive Link 1
- Google Drive Link 2
- Google Drive Link 3
- HiDrive Mirror Link (might be slow to load at times, so please be patient)
Keep in mind that the leaked build is a 64-bit ISO image, so you won’t be able to install Windows 11 on your 32-bit Windows PC as of now.
Install Windows 11 on Any Laptop, PC
In this installation process we have included how you can make a pen drive bootable, then boot Windows 11 from a bootable pen drive, and then install Windows 11. After that some troubleshooting regarding the installation of Windows 11.
So let’s start the process.
- Once you have downloaded the leaked Windows 11 build, it’s time to flash the ISO image on a thumb drive. Make sure you have a USB thumb drive with at least 16GB of storage space. Now, go ahead and download Rufus (Free). You can check out Rufus alternatives if you need another software to create the bootable installer drive.
- Next, launch Rufus and click on “SELECT” and choose the Windows 11 ISO image. Make sure the USB thumb drive is selected in the “Device” drop-down menu. After that, keep everything as default and click on the “START” button.
- Now, go through the initial on-screen instructions and let Rufus flash Windows 11 on the USB drive.
- Once the process is done, plug the USB drive on the PC where you want to install Windows 11. If you want to install Windows 11 on the same PC, keep the USB stick plugged in. After that, restart your computer.
- Next, press the boot key continuously while your computer boots up. It will allow you to select the Boot device. For HP laptops, it’s the Esc or F9 key. You can look for the boot key for your laptop/ PC from the internet. It should be one of these: F9, Esc, F12, F10, etc.
- From the Boot device options, select the USB thumb drive on which you just flashed the leaked Windows 11 build.
- Finally, the Windows 11 installer will start. In case you see a prompt asking whether you want to continue the upgrade or clean install Windows 11. Click on “No” to clean install Windows 11.
- Now, the setup process is similar to how we install Windows 10. Simply choose Install Now -> I don’t have a product key -> Select Windows 11 edition -> Custom.
Note: If you get “The PC can’t run Windows 11” error or a driver-related issue appears, then worry not. Move to the next section to find the solution.
- Here, select the partition on which you want to install Windows 11. After that, the Windows 11 installation process will start on your PC.
- Soon, your PC will restart, and a new Windows 11 OOBE setup screen will appear. You can now unplug the USB stick. Go through the on-screen instructions and sign in with your Microsoft account. You can also create an offline account if you want.
- Finally, Windows 11 will be live on your PC.
Fix “The PC Can’t Run Windows 11” Issue
There are two ways to fix “The PC can’t run Windows 11” error and driver-related errors that may crop up during the installation process. First off, to boot Windows 11, Microsoft has made it mandatory to support TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot. So basically, you will have to boot into the BIOS/ UEFI and enable both TPM and Secure Boot. And then, the Windows 11 installer should load without any issues.
However, I didn’t take this route as Secure Boot can possibly stall the Windows 11 installation due to integrity and signature checks. So we have another solution at hand, which is a tried and tested method, and it worked successfully on my computer.
- Click on this link and download the latest Windows 10 ISO image from Microsoft’s website. I used the Windows 10 May 2021 build, so I will recommend that. By the way, you can also use Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to download the ISO image.
- Once you have downloaded the Windows 10 ISO image, right-click on it and select “Mount”.
- The ISO image will be mounted as a drive. Now, move to the mounted drive and open the “Sources” folder.
- Here, select all the files except for “install.wim”“. Now, press “Ctrl+C” to copy the files. Repeating again, make sure “install.wim”” is not selected when you copy the files.
- Now, plug the USB thumb drive on which you had flashed Windows 11. Open the USB drive and move to the same “Sources” folder.
- Here, paste the files you just copied. You can simply use the Windows 10 keyboard shortcut “Ctrl +V”. Basically, we are replacing Windows 11 files with Windows 10 ones except for the “install.wim”” file. When you get a prompt, click on the “Replace the file in the destination” option.
- Once the files are replaced, you are almost done. Now, just restart your computer and follow the same instructions I have mentioned in the above section. This time you will not face “The PC can’t run Windows 11” or a Driver-related error while installing Windows 11 on your PC.
Run Windows 11 On Your Computer Without Any Issue
So that is how you can download the Windows 11 ISO image and get Windows 11 up and running on your laptop or desktop without any issue. I suggest you follow the instructions step by step, and you will have Windows 11 installed in no time. Anyway, that is all from us. If you are facing any issues, comment down below and let us know. We will help you out with any Windows 11 installation woes.