Stuck at slow internet? You are confused about whether it is the internet slow problem or any other problem. But you think, there must be a speed meter located somewhere on my desktop so that I can see it know the internet speed. If you can see the internet speed on a specific place on the desktop, then you can be sure how much time will it take to download your stuff from the internet. So, there is a simple solution to this. In this article, we will learn how to display internet speed on taskbar in Windows operating system.
For this purpose, you need to download and install a software NetSpeedMonitor (3.48 MB). Though this software was only available for the previous version of the Windows i.e. Windows XP, Windows 7, etc. you can install it on Windows 10 as well.
Whether you are using the previous version of Windows or Windows 10, the process will be the same and one addition in the process if you are using Windows 10. So, we will discuss here installation and configuration of NetSpeedMonitor in Windows 10.
Lots of talking. Now move on to the procedure.
How to Display Internet Speed on Taskbar in Windows 10
- Download the NetSpeedMonitor from this link and locate the .msi file where you downloaded to install it.
- Double click on it to start the process of installation. If you are on Windows 10, then the following message will stop the installation saying “Operating system not supported (Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, windows vista, or Windows 7)“.
- To resolve this issue, click on OK, and then Finish to stop the installation.
- Now, right-click on the installer file and click on Properties. Under the compatibility tab, tick on “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select the “Previous version of Windows” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Apply, and then OK.
- Now, open the installer file once again and begin the installation. This time the installer won’t show the error as it shows before this. Click on Next to begin the installation.
- Follow the prompts and finish the installation.
As the installation finishes, it won’t show the speed meter on the Taskbar by default. You need to add it manually. For this,
- Right-click on the Taskbar, take your mouse to the Toolbar and select NetSpeedMonitor. Click on Save and it appears on the taskbar.
Configuration of NetSpeedMonitor
At any time, if the meter is showing 0.00 Kbit/s for both the download and upload in spite of you are connected to the internet, then right-click on the NetSpeedMeter, and click on Configuration.
Under the Network Interface tab, you can change your type of internet connection. After you have set that click on Apply and then OK.
Besides that, there are other options that you can explore in Layout and Database.
Now, that all for this article. You may be interested in reading our other articles.
- Top 4 Fantastic Fitness App that you can use during the workout.
- How to record screen and face both on the Mobile phone.
- Top 5 Best Password Manager that you can use.