WhatsApp Web is an effective way to increase the options of the messaging platform to the desktop. This Web version of WhatsApp is simple to set up and use, it has the identical visible interface because the mobile version of the app, and messages along with the documents, photos, videos, and link sent or received through the chat sync immediately between your smartphone and the web. In this article, we’ll see how you can setup and use WhatsApp web on your laptop or desktop without installing on it.
If you want to know how to get WhatsApp for Windows 7, then you can go through the link.
First of all, what is WhatsApp Web?
WhatsApp Web is what it seems like: an internet portal that allows you to mirror your smartphone’s WhatsApp on a desktop browser. You may use any browser as you want like Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Opera.
So as to keep WhatsApp secure and private, WhatsApp Web isn’t another instance of WhatsApp where you can open your chat and messages by just logging in by providing your number and it is that lives independently out of your phone. As an alternative, it depends in your smartphone’s connection to WhatsApp to generate a preliminary instance after which, by taking a photograph of a QR code to authenticate, it brings that actual expertise to the web. When you sign off from WhatsApp on your smartphone, the connection on the web is closed.
How you can activate and use WhatsApp Web
In order to use WhatsApp Web, all you need is to link your smartphone’s WhatsApp to the WhatsApp web version. To take action, open web.whatsapp.com in your laptop. You will see a QR code on the web page, and you will have to scan this along with your smartphone to link your account. Here is what you may have to do in your smartphone:
- On your smartphone, open WhatsApp.
- After that, tap the three-dot menu that is located in the right top corner of the app. This will give some other options.
- Then, tap the WhatsApp Web option. As you tap on the WhatsApp web, a QR code scanner will open on your phone.
- Using the QR code scanner, scan the QR code that is present on the WhatsApp web page when you open web.whatsapp.com.
That is all there’s to it. Your WhatsApp account is now linked to the web version of WhatsApp, and you can use WhatsApp straight out of your browser. WhatsApp Web enables you to share documents, photographs, and videos, contacts, and even use your pc’s camera to take photographs and share them. You may as well view your folks’ stories, start new chats, change your profile picture, and use the search function inside chats.
How to Log out from the WhatsApp Web
After you have used WhatsApp Web on your laptop or PC and want to log out from that in order to keep your message private so that other user of the laptop can’t see your messages, then you can do that by following the below procedure.
- You can see a three-dot menu at the top of the chat in the browser. Click on it and click the Log out option to get out of the WhatsApp web.
- You will see another unique QR code if successfully logged out from the WhatsApp web.
If you forgot to log out after you have finished the chat, then you can always log out from WhatsApp web from your mobile phone. Follow the simple step.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Tap the three-dot menu on the app and tap the WhatsApp Web.
- If you have been logged in on any device, then you will see a list of them. Choose the device from where you want to get logged out. Select the device and tap Logout.
That’s it. You have logged out from the WhatsApp web.
A lot of the options that you just use on a day-to-day work on WhatsApp in your smartphone can be found right here, and that makes WhatsApp Web a very nice utility. Should you’re not eager on operating WhatsApp in a browser, you possibly can download the Windows client of WhatsApp and have it operating natively in your pc.