Whenever the prints from your Epson L3150 printer become blurry, faint or you may notice dark or light patches of ink on the paper, then you may need to clean the Print head of the printer. Every time you clean the print head of a printer, some ink is used and that is wasted. Most of the time the print head does not need to be cleaned. You just need to check the Print head nozzle if it requires cleaning or not. In this article, we will see how you can clean the print head of Epson L3150 Printer, if it requires cleaning, through the various processes.
If the print quality has declined and the nozzle check pattern indicates clogged nozzles, you can clean the print head. One thing to note is that you may not be able to clean the print head when the ink level in any of the ink tanks is low. So in order to perform print head cleaning, you may have to refill the ink tank first.
We can clean print head in two different ways. One is using the printer control panel buttons and other is using the computer utility if you are using the printer in a computer.
So, it’s too much gibberish, let’s know how you can do that.
Clean Print Head using the Printer Control panel
The above video tutorial makes everything easy. If you like the above video, then you can find similar videos on our YouTube Channel Kumar Janglu from the link. Consider subscribing to the channel. This gives us more motivation to make videos that actually solves your problem easily. But if you are not comfortable with the video version, then you can always follow the text version below.
In order to perform print head cleaning using the printer control panel, then follow the steps below:
- First of all, you need to make sure no lights on the printer are showing any errors.
- Now load a few sheets of plain paper in the printer.
- Hold down the [Stop] button for 5 seconds to start the cleaning cycle. The power light of the printer flashes throughout the cleaning cycle and stays on when the cleaning cycle is finished. You should notice it.
- One thing to note is that you must not turn off the printer during the cleaning cycle or you may damage it.
- After the cleaning is done, run a nozzle check to confirm the head is now clean. If you want to know how you can check the print head nozzle check, then you can follow the link.
If you don’t see any improvements in the print quality even after cleaning the head for at least 3 times, then you need to turn off the printer and wait for at least 12 hours.
After waiting for 12 hours, you may now try once more cleaning the head again. If again the quality does not improve then try Power cleaning the printer.
Clean Print Head using the Computer Utility
If you are using the printer on your computer which is either on Windows or Mac, then you can perform the print head cleaning by using the computer utility. To do that follow the steps described below.
- As usual, you need to make sure no lights on the printer are indicating any errors.
- Load a few sheets of paper in the printer.
- If your computer is on Windows, then access the Windows desktop and right-click on the printer icon for your printer on the right side of the windows taskbar or click the arrow up icon on the taskbar and right-click on the printer icon.
- Select the Head Cleaning option.
- And if your computer is on Mac, then in the Apple Menu or the Dock, select System preferences.
- Then select Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners, select your printer, and select Options & Supplies.
- Now select Utility and select Open Printer Utility.
- Select the Head Cleaning.
When you follow the above steps as per your computer operating system, you will see a window like the following.
- Now click Start to begin the cleaning of the head cycle.
- When the cleaning process is finished, you can always check to see if the nozzles are clean or not by printing a Nozzle check pattern. To do that click on Print Nozzle Check Pattern and click print.
- Now is the time to inspect the pattern to see if there are gaps in the lines.
If there are gaps in the lines, then print head needs cleaning again or it has other sort of problem in the print head. If there are no gaps in the lines, then the print head is clean and process of cleaning is complete.
If you don’t notice any improvements in the print quality even after cleaning the head for the 3 times, then turn off the printer for at least 12 hours and after that perform print head cleaning once more. It that does not help, try Power cleaning or contacting the Epson for more assistant.