If the printouts from the Epson l3150 printer becomes too light, or you can see light or dark bands across the prints, then you may need to perform the print head nozzle check. But before cleaning, you always check for the clogged nozzles, because Cleaning process uses ink and you don’t want clean them unncessarily if they don’t require even cleaning.
So in this article, we’ll how you can perform a Print Head nozzle check for this printer.
One thing to note is that, in case you require cleaning, then you may not be able to clean the print head when the ink level in any of the tanks is low. You may have to refill the ink tanks first.
Epson L3150 Print Head Nozzle Check
This process involves printing a nozzle check pattern using which you can check the pattern and check for clogged nozzles. We can do this in two different ways.
The first method is using the printer and its control panel itself and other method is using a computer utility.
Checking the Nozzles using the Printer control Panel
Perform the process below to do the task.
- Press the power button to turn off the printer.
- Load a few sheets of plain paper in the printer so that the pattern will be printed on them.
- Hold down the [Stop] button and press the power button to turn on the printer.
- When the printer turns on, then release both the pressed buttons. This will begin printing a nozzle check pattern for the printer.
- In some cases, it can take some time to print the nozzle check pattern. In case it does not start printing, then you may check the printer is loaded with the paper.
- Now, check the printed pattern on the paper to see if there are gaps in the lines. The following images show you how you can see whether the print head needs cleaning or not.
- From the above image, it is clear that if there are no gaps in the line patterns, then you need not clean the print head, but if there are gaps or the pattern is printed faint, then there is definitely require print head cleaning in order to avoid light or dark bands prints.
Checking Nozzles using a Computer Utility
If the printer is connected to a computer both Windows or Mac, then you can perform Print head nozzle check by using a computer utility and you don’t require any control panel operation on the printer.
We will see how you can do that.
- Before printing the nozzle check pattern, load a few sheets of plain paper in the printer.
- If you are using Windows, then access the Windows Desktop and right-click the printer icon for your printer in the right side of the windows taskbar, or click the up arrow and right-click on the printer button.
- Then Click on the Nozzle Check.
- And if you are using Mac, then in the Apple Menu or the Dock, select System preferences
- Then select Print and Fax, and then Print and Scan, or Printers or Scanners.
- Now select your printer and select Options & supplies.
- Select Utility and select Open Printer Utility.
- Now select Nozzle Check.
- Now, click Print.
- Check the printed pattern to see if there are gaps in the lines. You will get the information like the below.
- If there are no gaps, then you need not clean the head but if there are gaps or the lines printed are faint or blurry, then the print head needs cleaning. You should clean the print head of the printer.