When you have a router and want to connect the printer through it for the wireless printing purpose, then you can follow this article. Here we’ll see how to connect printer through a router.
We have another article that describes how you can connect the printer and the smartphone directly through the Wi-Fi direct so that you can print any document that is available on the phone without any wired connection or data transfer between the phone and the computer and do the as usual printing procedure.
This article will be relevant to the printers like Epson L3150, L3151, L3152, L3156, M1120, M1170, M1180 model printers.
So let’s see how you can do that.
We can actually use the WPS button or not. Both the method works. We’ll see both of them.
Through the WPS button on the access point
- Hold down the [WPS] button on the wireless router until the security light flashes. If you can’t locate where the WPS button is, then you can always refer to the documentation provided with your wireless router for details.
- Press the [Wi-Fi] button on the printer until the lights for both the Wi-Fi LED flashes alternately approximately for 5 seconds.
- Wait until the process ends. When a connection is established, the Wi-Fi light having a phone icon will turn on.
Without WPS button on the access point
If you don’t want to use the WPS button, then you have to make settings for the printer by using a computer.
If the software disc was supplied with the printer, insert the disc into your computer and follow the on-screen instructions. If you do not have a software disc, then access the http://epson.sn website from the computer.
What to do when connection failed
If the Wi-Fi lights on the printer flash simultaneously, the printer is in a connection error status.
Press the [Wi-Fi] button to clear the error, check the following things, and then perform network setup again.
- Check that the wireless router is turned on. If it is turned on, turn the wireless router’s power off and on again. Consider other users who may be using the network.
- Disable the privacy separator on the wireless router.
- Place your printer close to the wireless router.
- Check that the wireless router supports WPS. If it does not support WPS, you cannot establish a network using Push Button Setup (WPS).
- If the MAC address filtering function is enabled, register your printer’s MAC address to prevent your printer from being filtered. You can check the printer’s MAC address from the Network connection report. See the documentation provided with the wireless router for registering.
- Check that the Wi-Fi communication mode (IEEE802.11) set for your wireless router matches the one supported by your printer.
Photo Credit: Epson