Printing is one of the most official works that have some importance in its place. Nothing can replace a hard printed copy of a document. We have been using a printer to print the document. (Of course). A most convenient way of using a printer is to connect it with the computer or laptop and get your print done by giving the print command.
But what about printing a document or a photo which is located in your phone’s memory and you don’t have an option to transfer it to the computer or laptop. Epson printer has come up with the solution to connect your printer directly to your Phone through Wi-Fi Direct and print without transferring the desired printing material to the computer.
In this article, we’ll see how you can connect the printer and the smartphone directly through Wi-Fi direct. This procedure involves Epson Printer models like L3150, L3151, L3152, L3156, M1120, M1170, M1180.
The procedure has been made very much simpler by using the photos. You’ll have a clear idea of what to do by looking at the pictures.
So enough talking, let’s see the procedure.
How to Connect the Epson L3150 Printer and the Smartphone directly (Wi-Fi Direct)
The above video tutorial makes everything easy. If you like the above video, then you can find similar videos on our YouTube Channel Kumar Janglu from the link. Consider subscribing to the channel. This gives us more motivation to make videos that actually solves your problem easily. But if you are not comfortable with the video version, then you can always follow the text version below.
- While you hold down the Wi-Fi button, press the Network Status button until the Wi-Fi light and Wi-Fi direct lights flash alternately.
- Wait until the process ends. When a connection is established, the Wi-Fi light having the phone icon turns on.
- Now load papers.
- Hold down the Network status button on the printer’s control panel for at least 7 seconds. The network status sheet is printed.
Note: If you release the button within 7 seconds, a network connection report is printed. Note that the SSID and Password for Wi-Fi Direct (Simple AP) are not printed on this report.
- Check the SSID and password printed on the network status sheet.
- On the Wi-Fi settings on your phone, select the SSID shown on the network status sheet to connect.
- Enter the Password printed on the network status sheet.
Now the printed is connected to the Phone through Wi-Fi Direct. You can now enjoy printing directly on your mobile phone.
How to Reset Printer Network Settings to Factory Default
You can always Reset the Printer Network Settings to its Factory Defaults. For that, follow the steps below.
- Turn the printer off.
- While holding down the [info, (i icon)] button, press the Power button until both the Wi-Fi lights flash alternately.
- Restoration is complete when both the Wi-Fi lights are off.
How to Print a Network Status Sheet
Network status sheet contains important information like SSID, password and other network related information of the printer. You can always get the print out of the Network Status sheet.
To get the sheet, follow the steps.
- Load papers.
- Hold down the [info, (i icon)] button on the printer’s control panel for at least 7 seconds. The network status sheet is printed.
Note: If you release the [info] button within 7 seconds, a network connection report is printed.