You may be recording your mobile phone screen using different screen recording apps from Google play store or App store. But you may be wondering how you can record both your screen and your face simultaneously using your mobile phone. While this is easy if you are using your laptop, this is not the case for your mobile phone.
In this tutorial, we will be showing you a trick using which you can do it easily. This trick not only helps you solve this problem but also will solve many other problems. You can actually install google chrome extensions in your mobile phone.
Now, for those who are a little bit ignorant about google chrome extension, it is a web app designed to run on google chrome and other supported browsers which adds much functionality to your work. They are available from Chrome web store and you can download them depending upon their feature and work.
Many of us know that it is not easy to download and install google chrome extension on your mobile phone’s chrome browsers. When you try to open the Chrome web store on your mobile phone, you get the following message on the website to get reminded.
While this may be annoying, you can still use another browser on your phone almost equal to chrome to get the work done. The browser that we are going to use for this purpose is Kiwi Browser for mobile.
Download and install Kiwi Browser on your phone
Follow the steps to download and install the Kiwi Browser on your phone.
- Go to Play store and search for Kiwi Browser.
- Tap on the Install button to install it.
- It will be downloaded and installed.
After you installed the Kiwi Browser, you need to do some setting work for the extension installation.
- Open the Kiwi Browser.
- Go to address bar and type “chrome://extensions” or “kiwi://extensions”
- Now just turn on the Developer mode that will enable you to load extensions if you have downloaded it from the third party.
How to record screen and face both on the mobile phone
Now, coming back to our main topic, with the help of kiwi browser we can get this work done using our mobile phone.
Follow the steps:
- Open kiwi browser and open Chrome web store. You can search for “chrome web store” go through the google search page.
- This time you won’t get any reminder option as you get in the official chrome app for mobile and get the normal website of the chrome web store.
- Here you can choose your required chrome extension and add it to your browser to add more functionality to your browser.
- In this case, we’ll search for “Loom” which is a recording extension which will fulfill our purpose.
- In the search bar, type Loom and press enter.
- Tap on the Loom-Video Recorder: Screen, Webcam and mic.
- After you open the Loom extension page, tap on Add to Chrome to download it. After it is downloaded, it will automatically get added to your Kiwi browser and you can use it.
- You can find the extension from the three-dot menu on the right top corner of the screen and scroll down to the bottom of the menu.
Below are some of the screenshots which will help you figure out the procedure you found above.
After the Loom video recorder has been added to your browser, tap on the three-dot menu, scroll down to the bottom of the menu and tap on Loom to open it. As you open it you will get something like this. Here you need to sign up with Loom using your google account or facebook account. After that, you can record both the screen and your face simultaneously.
After you install the Kiwi browser you can actually add different chrome extensions to your mobile phone and add more functionality to your browser and get different work done.
You can do various things using google chrome extensions. Below are some of the articles on our websites which illustrates exciting things to do using google chrome extensions.