How to Apply PAN Card Online – [Simple Steps]
When you start generating income, you should have an identity for income tax purposes and PAN card comes with that purpose. You can apply PAN card online from the official website of NSDL.
Follow the detail procedure below to Apply PAN card Online:
- Open NSDL – Online PAN Application form on your browser. You’ll have a form to apply for PAN. If you are a registered user, then you can just log in using your Temporary Token Number and E-mail ID, and DOB.
- If you are applying for a new PAN, then you can click Apply Online, and the form will be generated accordingly as given below.
- Fill up the form carefully. If you are an Indian Citizen and applying for a new PAN, then choose Form 49A from the Application Type as shown in the picture below.
- Select Individual from the Category.
- Then, in the Applicant information form, give all information like Title, Last name, first name, middle name (if any), DOB, email ID, and mobile number.
- After you have entered all these, enter the captcha code and click on Submit button to register.
- After you have registered, you’ll be given a Temporary token number using which you can log in to your application and apply PAN online.
A successful registration screen will come and you need to click on Continue with PAN Application form to go further.
- The next step is to provide all the information regarding How you want to submit the PAN application, Personal details, contact and other details, AO code and Document details. We’ll see each one separately.
If you want to submit the documents online i.e. paperless, then select the option Submit digitally through e-KYC and e-Sign which is paperless.
When you chose this method you don’t need to send any physical document after the application.
Other methods involve submitting scanned images of the document and forwarding physical document.
To avail e-KYC and e-Sign, you need to provide your aadhar card number as it is mandatory for this facility. All the information contained in aadhar card will be transferred to your new PAN card and you don’t need to send any document. The PAN card you receive will be digitally signed through your Aadhar card.
If you want to get the Physical PAN card, then select Yes otherwise No from the options given below. If you select No, e-mail id will be mandatory as the digitally signed e-PAN will be sent to your given e-mail ID.
The next step is to provide you aadhar card details and every information regarding your demographics will be seen here. Provide your aadhar card number.
Your name and other information will be copied from your aadhar, but you need to give the information about your Parents as per the form is shown below.
After the click on the Next button to move to the next section where you need to provide contact information.
Here, provide your income status. If you are a regular salaried person, then you can select the same from the options. If you are not working or a student, then you can select No income. Select your status accordingly.
In the next form, you have to provide the address of your residence or your office. If you have provided aadhar card number, then the address will be copied from there and you don’t need to enter address here.
Click on the Next to move further.
In this step, you need to provide the AO code. It is a code specific for the address you are applying for PAN. If you don’t know that code, don’t worry. Scroll down a little bit and you will be provided with the AO code as you entered the options given here.
Select Indian citizens from the options given here. Select state and city and you can find the AO code easily.
Click the Next button.
The last step is the Declaration form where you need to select the Proof of identity, Proof of address and Proof of date of birth. If you have provided aadhar card, there is no need for any other documents. You just scroll down and give the Place and click on Submit to apply PAN online.
After that, you have to make payment for the application fees. You can do it online through your debit card or internet banking.
After the payment, your application will be verified through e-sign by login through your aadhar card and an application form will be generated in PDF format for your reference. Remember, you don’t need to send any physical document if you have chosen e-KYC & e-Sign. You just need to wait for the PAN card application to process and delivered to your given residential address.
You can track your PAN application online also. To check the PAN Status, click the link given.